Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-22 school year is scheduled for children who will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2021. Please call the school your child will attend to establish an appointment for the dates listed below. You may call, at your earliest convenience, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the following extensions.
Monday, March 22nd Mercersburg 2500
Tuesday, March 23rd Mountain View 2600
Wednesday March 24th St. Thomas 2700
Thursday, March 25th Montgomery 2400
Registration times available are 12:00 p.m. through 7:00 p.m. To be more efficient, and to adhere to safety and social distancing guidelines, one parent/guardian may accompany a child to registration and you must make an appointment.
In addition to scheduling an appointment to register, please go to the Tuscarora School District’s website at www.tus.k12.pa.us to complete important student information prior to your appointment. If you do not have access to a computer or the internet, please contact the school and one will be made available to you.
Directions: go to www.tus.k12.pa.us >Department & Services >Registration >21-22 Registration (in the green box on the right side of the page). Follow the directions to create a new account. Complete new student registration.
If you are unable to load documents to the computer, simply bring them with you to your appointment.
Speech and general kindergarten preparedness screening will take place at the time of registration; please bring your child with you.
The following information is required on the day of registration:
- Proof of child’s age – birth certificate, baptismal certificate
- Custodial documentation (if applicable)
- Immunization Record
- Two proofs of residency in the Tuscarora School District
- If your child(ren) will be transported from/to child care, please bring the name, address, and contact number of the provider. The child care must be within the boundary of the school your child attends.
The following documented immunizations are required for entrance into kindergarten:
- 4 Diphtheria Tetanus Pertussis (one dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 Polio
- 2 Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- 3 Hepatitis B (properly spaced doses)
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) – either vaccine or date of disease